Well, maybe there is something to 1. reading pattern directions, and 2. taking a break when you’re about to blow. I went back and reviewed the instructions for the Simplicity 2209, hereafter refered to as The Kate, and realized that I didn’t have to re-draw the stitch lines after my FBA to the bodice. As it turns out, the original stitch lines work perfectly and take care of my issue of matching the bodice with the skirt panels. So, I need to restitch all of my darts on the bodice and front skirt, and then attach the bodice and skirt, insert the zipper, and hem!
It is my great hope that once I complete my royal blue Kate, that I can simply churn out these dresses. It has been so exhausting trying to perfectly fit patterns to my unusual form. This is a common problem among sewists, right? Maybe not for all – a few nips and tucks at the side seams. If you’re a B-cup it seems that your time altering patterns is much quicker. A full bust is no easy thing to overcome when you’re a seamstress. I want to personally thank Alana over at Lazy Stitching for all of her fabulous FBA tutorials.
Anyway, I should be back in business this evening to complete my Kate dress, and I have some teal fabric for another, plus some purple cotton chambray that I picked up at JoAnn’s in the bargain section, PLUS some April Johnston light green floral cotton, although I’m still too scared to cut the latter.
I’m afraid my navy tricotine dress will never be finished. I went ahead and stitched the skirt to the bodice (remember I was using a gathered skirt which ended up as some pleats) but the pleating doesn’t match on each side, which means I will need to wear a cardigan over it, which is fine, but it bothers me nonetheless. I should really also finish my green linen/rayon dress, and make a few more muslins. So much to do, so little time!